Image courtesy of Shuttermain Photography.
We are now seeking applications from artists and designers to undertake a solo or collaborative residency at Kingston Arts’ newly-established Ceramics Studio. The residency will run over 6 or 8 weeks commencing in March 2019.
As part of the license agreement, the resident artist is expected to facilitate a minimum of 3 workshop classes for members of the general public to attend. This joint-initiative will assist the resident artist to generate an income during their residency and off-set the costs of studio hire, whilst sharing their skills with the wider community.
About the studio
The Ceramics Studio is located at Kingston Arts Centre & City Hall, 979-985 Nepean Hwy. Moorabbin. It is readily accessible by both car and public transport.
While the current Kingston Arts Studio Program provides open-plan studio spaces for artists working in low-risk mediums, including painting, drawing and digital design. The Ceramics Studio will provide much-needed facilities for artists and designers working in ceramics, design and small sculpture.
The area also includes galleries, theatre, outdoor projection sites, Moorabbin Public Library, Melbourne Artists’ Supplies, supermarkets, cafes and restaurants all within walking distance of the Ceramics Studio.
- Open plan, lockable studio space
- Natural light and fluros
- Tetlow K11A front loader electric kiln (283L capacity)
- Kiln furniture
- 4 x Venco No. 3 electric pottery wheels
- Heating / cooling system
- Sink with hot water
- Lockable metal cabinet
- 1 x studio trolley
- 2 x movable work benches
- 2 x storage shelving units
- 8 x Shimpo adjustable stools
- 1 x extruder
- 8 x Shimpo heavy-duty banding wheels
- 8 x large rolling pins
- 1 x PVC apron
- 1 x set kiln gloves
- Public WiFi
- Undercover carpark
- 2-min walk from Moorabbin Train Station on the Frankston Line
- Networking opportunities with Kingston Arts studio program
- Opportunity to exhibit within Kingston Arts’ gallery and public programs
ceramics studio layout
- Submit the online application form by 5pm, Saturday 22 December 2019**APPLICATIONS EXTENDED**
to discuss your application further
Please contact Michelle James on (03) 9556 4462 or email@example.com