Ever wondered how to create stop-motion videos? Do you have a story to share?
During this workshop with artist and photographer Jessie Imam, we will explore the art of story-telling through GIFs and stop-motion video.
Drawing on inspiration from contemporary artists using these mediums, we will use simple, hands-on techniques to create our very own moving images. Suitable for adults and kids alike (ages 8+) of all experience levels, this workshop will give you the opportunity to learn something new and to practice the art of visual story-telling through collage, movement and digital technologies.
- Participants are asked to bring along a smart phone, tablet or camera to the workshop. 2D and 3D imagery and props will be provided, but participant's are welcome to bring magazines and additional source material to work with if they wish.
- All animations will be screened on Kingston Arts' outdoor three-channel exhibition site - The Bridge Projection Space
- Suitable for adults and children aged 8+
- Suitable for all levels of experience - come to learn or improve!
- Bookings essential - places are strictly limited
Kingston re-launches The Bridge Projection Space
The Bridge Projection Space is Moorabbin's three-channel video art and short-film space, located above Kingston City Hall and overlooking the Nepean Highway. Since 2015, it has shown a variety of video art works including Art Grant recipient Simon Grennan's, 'The Swimmer'.
All animations created by participants in this workshop will be compiled into a new video and screened on The Bridge. Stay tuned for more details.