Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee
Arts and Cultural Committee seeks new members
An exciting opportunity exists for you to play a role in determining the strategic direction of arts and culture in Kingston.
Are you passionate about your local community and being involved in formulating future directions of Council?
Would you like to be involved in Kingston’s shared vision of the future through the achievement of its goals by providing valuable feedback on policies and projects in Kingston?
The City of Kingston is now seeking expressions of interest for membership to the Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee (ACAC). ACAC provides high level advice to Council and Council Officers on matters relating to arts and culture in the City of Kingston.
Council will appoint members with an understanding and knowledge of policy development in the area of arts and culture.
Download application form (110KB)
Download Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee Terms of Reference (56KB)
For further information contact Justin Gayner at email@example.com or call 9556 4458
THE ROLE OF OUR ARTS AND CULTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The City of Kingston's Arts and Cultural Committee (ACAC) is made up of community members with broad experience and/or expertise in the arts and cultural sector and City of Kingston councillors. The Committee provides a formal mechanism for Council to consult with key stakeholders, seek specialist advice and enable community participation in arts and cultural planning and development.
The key role of the Committee is to:
- Provide advice and assist with the development of Council’s Arts and Cultural Strategy;
- Provide feedback on relevant Council policies and strategies;
- Make recommendations to Council on its Arts Grants Program;
- Facilitate formal and informal communication and consultation processes with local arts and cultural industries, practitioners, organisations and residents;
- Provides high-level advice to Council and Council Officers on matters relating to Public Art in the City of Kingston.