Public Art at Ben Kavanagh Reserve
Kingston Arts will engage an experienced artist to deliver a large sports themed mural (preferably on both sides of the wall) on the proposed rebound wall located in the Ben Kavanagh Reserve, next to the cricket nets adjacent to Bear Street in consultation with the local community.
To stay up to date with this exciting artwork as it develops please fill in the below form.
about Ben Kavanagh Reserve
The Ben Kavanagh Reserve is home to a wide range of local sports groups including the Mordialloc Sporting Club, Mordialloc Super Rules Football Club, Mordialloc Junior Football Club, Mordialloc Football/Netball Club, Mordialloc Cricket Club, Mordialloc Bowls Club, Longbeach Petanque group and other community groups.
Works are underway to transform the Reserve including construction of new Netball Courts, Petanque Pistes, outdoor fitness stations, new shared path network, landscaping and a rebound wall which can be used for various sports practice.
Please note: The EOI for artists has formally CLOSED. Applicants will be notified of the outcome in the coming weeks.
- Experience in delivering similar public art projects with community consultation / education component
- Ability to produce work that demonstrates technical skills and has strong aesthetic content
- Proven ability to meet required timeline
- Ability to work within allocated budget
- Consideration of health and safety issues in design and implementation
A total budget of $17,000 including GST is available for this commission. The budget should be inclusive of the following:
- Artist’s fees (including all community liaison)
- All materials and associated installation costs (excluding the install and printing of the vinyl wrap on the proposed electrical cabinets, as previously stated above).
- Insurances and artist’s public liability insurances
You do not need to live in the City of Kingston to apply.
Please download the (1MB)INVITATION-TO-REGISTER-EXPRESSION-OF-INTEREST.pdf (717KB) document.
Enquiries and expression of interests to be sent to Victoria O’Shea, Acting Cultural Producer and Partnerships Coordinator
Email: Victoria.OShea@kingston.vic.gov.au Phone: (03) 95564447
In person: Kingston Arts Centre, 979 Nepean Highway, Moorabbin (Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm or Sat, 12pm - 5pm)