Ticketing Terms and Conditions
TICKETING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Tickets are sold or issued subject to the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice and are subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. The right of admission is reserved by Management.
2. Kingston Arts is the authorised ticket seller to performances in our venue. We reserve the right to refuse entry to any patrons who have purchased their tickets from any unauthorised seller, including tickets resold.
3. The right is reserved to vary advertised artists, programs, pricing and seating arrangements.
4. The right is reserved to vary ticket prices at times throughout the sales period.
5. Specific warnings will be advised prior to the day of activity, providing that information has been supplied by the producer/promoter of that activity.
6. Latecomers may only be admitted at the discretion of Management and entry may be refused on occasions.
7. Unless otherwise indicated, all persons including children (over 2 years) must hold a valid ticket for that activity.
8. Unless otherwise indicated the use of photographic or recording equipment, including mobile phones, is strictly prohibited.
9. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable, subject to the discretion of Management. Unauthorised duplication of a ticket may prevent your admittance to the event. In the event that duplicate copies appear, Kingston Arts reserves the right to refuse entry to ALL ticket holders. A fee may apply to any refunds or exchanges.
10. Ticket holders enter the premises at their own risk.
Patrons are responsible for having their ticket/s available on their phone or printed out, with the barcode/s clearly visible for scanning at the door.
Where applicable GST has been applied.
TOP TIPS FOR SAFE TICKET BUYING ON LINE
Buying tickets should be fun and Live Performance Australia have put together a useful guide with 12 tips to help you purchase tickets safely. From knowing your rights around refunds to the dangers of buying from non-authorised ticket sellers, these tips may be just the ticket you need for a good night out.
Kingston Arts is an authorised ticket seller for all shows at our venue. Our online systems and tickets policies ensure you can have peace of mind when buying from our website. If you have any queries, please phone 03 9556 4440 or email email@example.com
For further information on tips for safe ticket purchase: LPA-Guide-Safe-Tix.pdf (164KB)
CONCESSIONS & DISCOUNTS
Unless otherwise indicated, all patrons require a full price ticket.
Unless otherwise stated, Concession includes Government Pension Card/Senior Card, Full Time Student Concession Card and Health Care Card Concession.
Patrons who qualify for Concession must be prepared to show relevant card at the time of booking and/or upon entering the theatre.
Kingston Arts accepts Companion Cards, allowing card holders access to one free ticket when accompanied by a companion. Companion cards cannot be purchased online, please contact the Box Office for Companion Card bookings.
Patrons who qualify for a Campanion Card must be prepared to show relevant card at time of booking and/or upon entering the theatre.
CHILDREN ACCOMPAINED BY AN ADULT
At designated performances children under 2years of age will be admitted free of charge under the condition they do not occupy an individual seat, but rather are seated on the lap of an accompanying adult with a valid ticket.
Check with the Box Office for more information.
TICKET DELIVERY OPTIONS
For your convenience Kingston Arts offers the option of eTickets with tickets sent direct to your smartphone.
You will receive an email with your eTickets attached as a PDF 3 days prior to the event, you can choose to print your tickets or present them on your smartphone.
If you are having trouble finding your eTickets email, try searching 'tickets' or the name of the event.
Helpful tips for eTickets tickets:
- Ensure the brightness is turned up on your smartphone
- Have the eTicket open and ready to scan as your enter the auditorium
On performance day, if your eTickets are not printed or accessible on your mobile device, you will be directed to the Box Office where your tickets can be reprinted.
Tickets can be collected from the Box Office within the hour prior to the performance/event.