Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee
Public art at the City of Kingston is overseen by the Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee (ACAC). The role of the committee is to provide advice to council on matters relating to public art and contributing to developing a program aligned with council's strategic vision.
The City of Kingston's Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee (ACAC) is made up of community members with broad experience and/or expertise in the arts and cultural sector, as well as City of Kingston councillors. The Committee provides a formal mechanism for Council to consult with key stakeholders, seek specialist advice and enable community participation in arts and cultural planning and development.
The key role of the Committee is to:
- Provide advice and assist with the development of Council’s Arts and Cultural Strategy
- Provide feedback on relevant Council policies and strategies
- Make recommendations to Council on its Arts Grants Program
- Facilitate formal and informal communication and consultation processes with local arts and cultural industries, practitioners, organisations and residents
- Provide high-level advice to Council and Council Officers on matters relating to Public Art in the City of Kingston.
For further information please contact the Head of Arts and Cultural Development